AADC Planned Giving
Alumnae share many reasons for supporting the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College (AADC), below are some of the reasons we have been told:
“To help my younger alumnae sisters be all they can be.”
“To support alumnae connections so we continue to enjoy friendships with like-minded women and the life-long learning opportunities.”
“There is a common bond among alumnae – I feel a connection even when meeting another alumna for the first time.”
“The AADC provides women-centered spaces in which to learn and grow. My involvement truly has enriched my life.”
Here’s your how:
You can make a more impactful gift than you realize with some smart planning. Many types of charitable gifts provide tax benefits to the contributor – or even generate income to the donor. Start here by learning the different gift options available. We will work with you to find one that meets your personal financial goals while supporting our alumnae community. Note that gifts to the AADC do not benefit NJC, DRC, Douglass or Rutgers. They benefit the AADC and help put our mission in motion.
Touch the lives of future alumnae while creating a lasting legacy
A gift through a Will or by naming the “Associate Alumnae of Douglass College (AADC)” as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or insurance policy enables you to support our mission and make a difference in the lives of future generations of alumnae. These gifts:
• are easy to arrange.
• will not alter your current lifestyle in any way.
• can be easily modified to address your changing needs.
• may reduce estate taxes.
Find peace of mind by receiving income for life while providing a future gift.
A Charitable Gift Annuity is a simple contract between you and the AADC’s partners at the National Gift Annuity Foundation. In return for an outright gift of cash you receive a fixed amount of income for life. The remaining balance passes to the AADC when the contract ends. This gift:
• provides dependable cash flow for life, regardless of market fluctuations, possibly at a higher rate than your current investments.
• may provide income to you and a second beneficiary if you so choose. Beneficiaries must be at least 55 years old for an immediate Charitable Gift Annuity/a deferred option is available for younger donors and beneficiaries.
• provide an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
• allows for a portion of the income to be tax free for a number of years.
• requires a minimum gift amount of $20,000.
Protect your assets and reduce your tax burden while assuring a bright future for our alumnae association.
As the AADC marks its 100th Anniversary, you can have an impact in funding our future. Combining the right asset to use with the right financial planning vehicle can turn your philanthropic dreams into reality. Contact us for information on other giving options such as charitable trusts, donor advised funds, gifts of personal property and more. These gifts:
• can be designated to support a specific aspect of the AADC mission.
• carry tax benefits such as charitable deductions, avoidance of capital gains, and possible estate tax savings.
• may require additional planning but always result in beneficial solution for you and for our alumnae community.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the AADC to discuss additional ways to plan a gift. All inquiries are confidential and carry no obligation.
The Ivy Society of the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College
Bequest and Other Testamentary Gift to Benefit the AADC
The Ivy Society recognizes those who have thoughtfully included support to the AADC in their financial and estate plans. Because of these donors, our alumnae community continues its strong legacy. Ivy Society members are recognized through special honor roll listings and with a distinctive member pin. They may also receive special recognition at AADC programs and events and may be invited to a special event honoring our benefactors.
Bequest and Other Testamentary Gifts to Benefit Douglass
In addition, the Ivy Society also recognizes those who previously had planned gifts to the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College for the Douglass Fund.
The material present on this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. You should always check with your personal advisors when considering a charitable gift — but we are happy to share some ideas that may meet your financial goals.