Celebrating Our New Milestone
The AADC is 100 years old! We have been celebrating throughout the year as we heralded our official 100th anniversary on June 10, 2022. We are forging our bright future together and encourage our alumnae community to get involved, participate and be inspired by all that your alumnae association has to offer.
AADC 100th Anniversary Proud History to Bright Future Gala
Special thanks to 100th Anniversary Planning Committee Co-chairs Ikecia Lenese Mapp ‘01 and Debbie Lynch ’79 for leading our “AADC 100th: Proud History to Bright Future” celebrations, together with a host of amazing volunteers, members of the AADC Board of Directors and our dedicated AADC staff. The AADC 100th Anniversary Proud History to Bright Future Gala was held on Saturday, June 11, 2022, at the East Brunswick Hilton Hotel. All alumnae, friends and community partners joined us for our spectacular Gala celebration featuring special guests, cocktails, dinner, dancing and more! Our celebration featured an inspiring keynote address by Cheri Beasley ’88, Former Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court and the first African American woman to lead the Court. A special Anniversary Program Presentation was overseen by Emcee Tina B. Gordon ’72.
Get Involved, We Need You!
We need you to serve on committees for various events and programs to take place in the coming months, such as our women’s conference and other special programs and events. Volunteer to help plan our AADC Women’s Conference to be hosted in 2023. Alumnae interested in volunteering or contributing may reach out to us at the AADC at email@example.com.
Celebrate at Traditional and Commemorative AADC Events & Programs
We are hosting AADC traditional events and programs as well as special ones to commemorate this momentous time in our history. We hope you join us during this time as we recognize our Proud History to Bright Future! The 100th Anniversary Committee is pleased to share the highlights of events and programs that we have hosted and upcoming opportunities to connect and celebrate. Please check back for updates:
- Legacy of Leaders Series published online highlights the impact of our volunteer leaders
- Annual Virtual Victoria Dabrowski Schmidt ’42 Workplace and Professional Development Symposium, September 18, 2021
- L’Hommedieu Lecture, hosted virtually, Featured Dr. Bernice Albertine King, Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Virtual AADC Society of Excellence 2021 Induction Ceremony, November 6, 2021
- Service Project, AADC: Helping Women – PERIOD, held February 2022
- AADC Women’s Conference: Women Moving Forward: Embracing Our Past – Building Our Future, with keynote and workshops, Spring 2023
- Virtual AADC Annual Zagoren Lecture Featuring MaryBeth Musumeci, Class of 1996, Associate Director, Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured at the Kaiser Family Foundation, March 1, 2022
- AADC Alumnae Reunion Weekend 2022 Heralding the 50th Reunion Vanguard Class of 1972 and classes ending in 2s and 7s, featuring AADC Alumnae Awards presentation June 10-11, 2022
- AADC Recognizes Day of Official 100th Anniversary, June 10, 2022
- AADC 100th Anniversary Gala, June 11, 2022, at the East Brunswick Hilton Hotel
- Post-AADC 100th Anniversary Trip to Spain & Portugal, June 22-July 3, 2022