What is the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College (AADC) Annual Appeal?
The AADC Annual Appeal is our yearly fundraising effort, which runs throughout each fiscal year from July 1 to June 30. The Annual Appeal is part of a proud, 100-year tradition. When the Class of 1922, the first graduation class, established the AADC, alumnae were asked to pledge a penny a day —$3.65 annually — to fund an independent, alumnae association. This evolved to what now exists as the AADC Annual Appeal. Today the AADC Annual Appeal offers a variety of community building opportunities and programs for alumnae and friends to demonstrate their philanthropy and pride for our association. Consistent throughout our history, however, is that the AADC is an alumnae-created, alumnae-led, alumnae-driven, and alumnae-supported organization.
What Do My Gifts to the AADC Annual Appeal Impact?
Unrestricted AADC Annual Appeal gifts are used to keep our AADC mission in motion. This includes providing life-long learning opportunities, fostering alumnae connections both near and far and strengthening our sisterhood for alumnae of all ages. Here are some examples of how your gift makes an impact:
- The Women’s Life-Long Learning Initiative
- The AADC Alumnae Mentoring program which pairs an alumna seeking career or life-balance guidance with an alumna who has “been there.” Both mentors and their protégées find great value in the relationship. The intrinsic trust between Douglass alumnae gives rise to expert guidance an life-long friendships.
- The Victoria Dabrowski Schmidt ’42 Workplace and Professional Development Symposium celebrated its sixth anniversary in September 2021. The symposium provides expert presenters who share the latest best practices to sharpen professional skills.
- AADC “Smart Talks” are brief talks on diverse topics of interest to alumnae. Past topics include genealogy research, debt reduction, identity theft protection, and women’s health and wellness.
- Connecting Alumnae by region and interest, personally and virtually:
- AADC Regional Alumnae Connection Groups and Affinity Networks provide forums for alumnae with similar geography or interests to engage, connect, and learn from one another.
- AADC publications, such as Monthly Enews, the AADC Newsletter for Alumnae and Friends and class notes are circulated electronically on a periodic basis.
- AADC Traditional Programs such as our very popular AADC Alumnae Reunion Weekend held each June, AADC Celebrates Founders Day, annual lectures and alumnae award celebrations.
- AADC Alumnae Fellowships that provide financial support for alumnae pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. Applications are accepted each year.
- AADC Excellence in Inclusion and Equity Initiative AADC Excellence in Inclusion and Equity Initiative provides incisive talks, workshops and resources to educate alumnae and friends about issues of anti-racism and equity. Participants will learn how to take action and to be leaders for change within their spheres of influence.
- Training and assistance for the more than 400 volunteers who power the AADC. From Class Officers to volunteers who focus on finance, governance, memorabilia, enhancing alumnae connections through technology, to a myriad of other strategic focus areas, volunteers are what make the AADC truly alumnae-driven.
Do You Need My Support?
Absolutely! The AADC is an independent, 501 (c) (3) charitable organization so your AADC Annual Appeal gifts directly impact the quality of the leadership, educational, and enrichment programs we offer. It solely support AADC alumnae programs and initiatives.*
Learn more from our AADC Annual Appeal Brochure.
How can I make a gift to the AADC Annual Appeal?
Very easily! Just click on the button below to donate at our secure, online giving page. You can choose to donate a one-time gift or make a sustaining, recurring gift on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis! Or mail a check payable only to the Associate Alumnae of Douglass College or AADC with Annual Appeal written in the memo section and mail to AADC Annual Appeal, 181 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick, NJ 08901.
For other giving options, questions, or to donate by phone, please visit douglassalumnae.org/giving/ways-to-give or call us at 732-246-1600 Ext.14.
*The AADC is not fundraising on behalf of NJC, DRC, Douglass or Rutgers.