The Campaign for Douglass Goals
Douglass is now poised to move to new levels of innovative education and leadership training for women. With the support of Alumnae and Friends, Douglass is becoming the standard bearer for excellence in women’s higher education.
Help us in realizing a strong future for Douglass by supporting The Campaign for Douglass.
Loyal supporters and alumnae have already surpassed the first campaign goal by contributing more than $8 million in scholarship support. These funds will help to attract the best and brightest students to Douglass.
The Campaign has made strides toward six key goals integral to successfully preparing strong focused women leaders. They are:
- Recruiting the best and brightest women by increasing scholarship support to attract academically high achieving women and women with special leadership abilities.
- Expanding the Global Village and Living-Learning Opportunities by funding a new living-learning residence hall and endowing the programs offered focused on global citizenship.
- Strengthening the Innovative Douglass Education for Future Generations of Women by endowing the first year mission course, e-portfolio project and Mary I. Bunting program.
- Strengthening the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs though increased support for the Douglass Project and the house course and programming within the Bunting-Cobb residence hall.
- Increasing Women’s Leadership Initiatives and Opportunities through increase support of signature programs like Peer Academic Leaders, the Public Leadership Education Network, Red Pines capstone conference, etc.
- Building the Unrestricted Endowment providing funding to seed the next wave of Douglass innovative and strengthening the financial base needed for confident future planning.